Effective Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Management can only be achieved when the people who steer an organisation are prepared to make it an integral component of achieving success. Directors and Senior Managers may not fully understand their personal, moral and corporate responsibilities. Best business practice and HSE guidance encourages senior managers to be trained in these areas. This is a course that covers high level responsibilities and is very much tailored to the organisation and client need. Hosking Associates often delivers this training after we have undertaken organisational business reviews so that significant findings from these can also be covered. Part of the course can be delivered by an experienced defence lawyer.
To provide Directors, Executives and Senior Managers, with an overview of their Safety, Health and Environmental responsibilities, to equip them to make informed business decisions based on risk and to understand how to incorporate SHE requirements into existing business strategy.
Who should attend
Directors, Executives and Senior Managers.
1/2 Day or 1 day depending on client needs.
- Understanding how senior managers perceive SHE responsibilities and exploring if it is considered a burden or a benefit
- Corporate social responsibility
- Main principles from Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- SHE Management Systems & practical, strategic implementation
- Guidance from HSG65 & INDG417 on managing safety within a business
- Directors & Managers personal responsibilities & consequences of legal action
- Corporate Manslaughter & Corporate Homicide Act 2007
- Significant issues within the client organisation and how decisions made at high level can influence business improvement
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple choice assessment.