This health & safety for employees awareness training course will give employees a good grounding in the basics of health and safety law, principles and practice. The course trains workers to ensure that their actions contribute to health & safety in the workplace and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood. This course can be tailored to meet the precise needs of the client emphasizing those areas that are higher risk. Once undertaken it can be refreshed periodically to ensure that employees have been briefed in any changes to internal arrangements of legal standards.
To help employees to understand how their actions could affect the health & safety of themselves and others. It also fulfils the organisations legal duty to provide information, instruction and training.
Who should attend
Suitable for any employee in any industry. This course can be used as part of the induction process for new employees or as a refresh for existing employees.
1/2 day or 1 day, dependent on the client and client needs.
Note: The precise content will depend upon the client
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- Employees & Employers Responsibilities
- Fire and Emergencies Arrangements
- Accidents and ill-health (reporting and prevention)
- Hazard Spotting & Reporting Hazards
- Risk Assessment Principles
- First-Aid at Work
- Work at Height
- Use of Equipment at Work
- Use of Hazardous Substances
- Display Screen Equipment & Office Safety
- Slips, Trips and Falls
- Electricity/Electrical Safety
- Personal Safety & Lone Working
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Manual Handling
- New & Expectant Mothers
- Handling Stress & Stressful Situations
- Noise & Vibration
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple choice assessment.