When an incident occurs it can be extremely stressful. It is important that employees are equipped to understand what they should do immediately after an event has occurred. Also how to undertake a thorough investigation and reporting requirements. Internal reporting of incidents, accidents and near misses will provide a clear picture of where resources should be targeted to reduce risk and ultimately control of the cost of insurance premiums and future potential insurance claims. The course also covers legal requirements to report incidents.
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to enable them to deal with an incident should it occur, to investigate accidents and incidents and know how to report them correctly.
Who should attend
Anyone required to be involved in the accident/incident investigation process.
1/2 Day or 1 day depending on client needs.
- Definitions of accidents and near miss
- Dealing with an incident immediately after it has occurred
- Information gathering , photographs, measurements, witness statements etc.
- Investigation: Identifying immediate and underlying causes of accidents and incidents
- Internal reporting & reporting systems (tailored to client systems)
- Implementing remedial actions to prevent recurrence & using information from internal reports to target resources
- Legal requirements for investigating incidents including RIDDOR*
*(RIDDOR: Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrence Regulations)
Delegates will be awarded a certificate of attendance on successful completion of the multiple choice assessment.