We are hiring!
Hosking Associates is a growing consultancy and we are looking for the right types of people to grow with us and join our team. During the 2020 crisis, we have reinvented ourselves and are seeking forward thinkers to come on board. We provide Safety, Health and Environmental Services. We strive to empower our clients ultimately encouraging them to become self-sufficient. We are a forward-thinking consultancy offering flexible opportunities in this diverse and constantly changing industry.
If you’re an experienced Health and Safety professional with a proven track record and you believe you can make a difference to any business we might send you into we would like to hear from you. Whilst we are always interested in speaking with associates, we prefer to hire permanent, employed consultants to help us build strong, trusting relationships with our customers.
If you’re a bright and energetic individual interested in joining the team at Hosking Associates please contact us.
If you are currently on furlough, are concerned with your current prospects due to the crisis or have been made redundant we can offer you a position now.
Occupational Safety & Health Management Consultant (Part-time)
If you’re interested in applying for a position at Hosking Associates, please scroll to the end of the page to submit your CV and cover letter.
Occupational Safety & Health Management Consultant (Part-time)
If you enjoy a good challenge, have a genuine desire to coach, support and empower businesses of any shape and size to achieve safety & health happiness, then we are looking for you.
We are seeking a charismatic problem solver, obstacle remover, and solution finder to become a part of our small, hardworking team. We work alongside modern forward-thinking organisations helping them to achieve their OSH aims and objectives. You need to be adaptable to the changing world of safety, experienced in multiple sectors, able to find solutions on the job and the type of person who starts from a position of “Yes!”.
- Do you have great communication skills and enjoy being part of a team?
- Can you create convincing, high-quality well-reasoned reports and written work?
- Are you responsive and able to multi-task?
- Do you relish project management and collaboration to create processes and arrangements which save time and provide a positive impact?
- Can you do great risk assessments and know how to apply OSH law in an engaging, encouraging manner which considers the customer’s needs and objectives?
If the answer is yes (a word we like here), you are based in the South East and hold a level 5 or above Health & Safety qualification (GradIOSH) we would like to speak with you.
Hosking Associates chose to re-invent over the Covid-19 crisis and our adapted business model means we need equally adaptive new OSH professionals on board. Established clients are winning awards and new customers are joining us. We deliver robust, pragmatic arrangements in a manner we believe are unique to our sector. We can offer variety and a wide range of OSH experience to the right person.
We can offer part-time positions with flexibility around other commitments for the right person.
We are currently delivering our service over zoom. Consultants are home-based. Our St.Albans office is a hub for us to come together as needed, so we would like to engage someone who is within a reasonable radius of the Northern Home Counties. Ideally located in Northern Home Counties, North/South London, or Surrey, with occasional travel within the UK.
To work with a wide range of clients, many of them within the property sector, to achieve continual OSH improvement. This includes developing robust management systems for clients in line with company processes and implementing these fully. In particular:
- Undertake initial reviews and create reports and action plans from these
- Assist clients with creating electronic and hard copy documentation management systems
- Ensure steering groups are organised throughout the year and facilitated
- Annually auditing clients via our Safety Ribbon standards
- Conducting interim checks and inspections for clients where required
- Organising and undertaking risk assessment work
- Creating operating procedures, templates and systems which will help clients to meet legal standards in line with company standards and existing processes
- Ensuring client policy documents are reviewed annually and have been created in the company standard where possible
- Training Others including via zoom
- Helping clients create good systems for recording staff training and storing training information
- Making best use of available client time, planning this over the year and helping them to stay focused and organised. Staying aware of time availability with clients, ensuring their time is used proactively
- Ensuring client action plans are kept up to date
- Creating systems for clients so they can monitor internal incidents, accidents and near misses
- Ensuring client organisations develop positively over time
- Maintaining own CPD records and filing certificates
- Take personal responsibility for developing personal knowledge to provide excellence in all aspects, staying current.
- Provide consistent, reliable and correct advice
- Actively seek out new business and new client opportunities
- Relevant degree or NVQ Level 5 in a Health & Safety related discipline as a minimum
- BIFM qualified FMs with a flair for Health, Safety and Environmental Management would be a great fit with us
- Qualified EHO’s equally welcome
Experience and Capabilities
- Positive outlook, with a belief that any organisation with the right support can make safer, more responsible choices for their business
- Good project management skills
- Commercial awareness and practical outlook
- Problem solver rather than a problem finder
- Confident communicator and motivator of others
- Strong written skills – report writing is an important part of the role
- Capable of balancing priorities
- Ability to self motivate but also to work well within a team
- Experience of working in the property sector with property owners and managing agents would be desirable
- Anyone with an engineering background looking to shift into other sectors would be a great fit for us
Competitive salary + benefits
We are very keen on personal development and will support your CPD. You will also become part of our annual bonus scheme which is based on personal and company performance.
Due to the nature of our client base, you would be subject to a criminal record check. For a similar reason, we also have a strict no-smoking policy during the working day between 9am and 5.30pm.
When applying, please specify H&S Professional
We have a great relationship with our associate consultants who provide support at particularly busy times and with training. If you feel you can offer us something different please contact us with your current CV and details of your daily rates.
Right now we do not have a current opening but we will hold your details on file should this change
When applying, please specify Associate Consultant